Tuesday 29 January 2013

Magazine Title Ideas

  I have tried to think of potential magazine names that relates to my theme of Alternative Rock and Punk music. The magazine name needs to be short, snappy and easy to read so it does not bore the potential audience. It also needs to be eye-catching and unlike any other music magazine names.

Anarchy
Lightsound
The system
Nuclear
Blast
Rogue
Storm
Raven
Linked
Fire
Break out

  My favourite names are Lightsound and Rogue. Lightsound was inspired by the Belarusian alternative rock band 'Litesound' because I like the way the word immediately creates the image of loud music and flashing lights, much like a concert. This name is unique and unlike any other British music magazine as the band that the name came from is obscure, so it would seem original to a UK audience.
I like the name Rogue as it has the connotation of being an outcast and not partaking in conformity. It sounds similar to the well-known magazine 'Vogue' so woiuld be ironic in that it has contrasting content. For my final title I will probably choose one of these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment